Volt has the following goals:
- Developer happiness
- Eliminate duplication by sharing of code between the client and server
- Automatic data syncing between client and server
- Built apps as nested components. Components can be shared (via gems), or run as services.
- Concurrency. Volt provides tools to simplify concurrency.
- Intelligent asset management
- Secure (shouldn't need to be said, but it does)
- Fast, light, and scalable
- Understandable code base
Many of the core Volt features are implemented. We still have a bit to go before 1.0, most of it involving models.
- Data Provider API - an abstraction to make it easy to create adaptors for any database/datastore.
- Oauth Integration - the plan is to integrate omniauth to make it easy to use any omniauth provider.
- Migrations to add database indexes from Volt
- Server Side HTML Prerendering - the plan is to allow the server to render the html for a page first, then tie in the compiled client side ruby once the code is loaded.